I haven’t figured out if I am
eating to live or living to eat - I hope the later, well at least then I have
something to blame for my fast draining bank account. This doesn’t necessarily
mean I try new place every time. This only means that I have found my comfort
food here in Minneapolis (far-far away from home). Home is Baroda (Gujarat –
India) and we are known for our delicious dishes. Such good variety and so many
distinct flavors. I feel if my Mother was a good cook which she isn’t – I would
have missed out on exploring all the good food I have tried so far. Growing up
it was always an easy choice to eat out. Hey! Did I mention how awesome my mom
is? :)
I am a person who feels 1000 feelings at the same time. I
cry and then laugh somewhere in between and remember that I am sad so I cry
again. I get upset at someone and immediately feel sorry that I took away a
moment of happiness from her/him, guilt takes over and I let the other person
be mad at me. I get up in the morning feeling great and as day progresses with
numerous interaction with people around or simply the weather – I feel strangely
different every passing minute. It is an extremely difficult job to talk to
myself in and out of something. Have you heard of having a relationship with
yourself? I have one and O boy! It takes effort to maintain that relationship. I
have a sign that I carved by the bathroom which says “I am in charge of how I
feel today and I choose Happiness”. This
contradicts with my feelings so many times in a given day and reminding myself
what my goal is – makes me wonder what is the best thing that can give me what
I want i.e. pure joy, I start thinking about food. No strings attached – you
like the food, you eat more of it or you go to that place more often, if you
don’t – food isn’t going to feel offended. You won’t feel guilty of hurting
food. Food understands!
I am vegetarian by choice and every ethnic dish I have tried
in past two years has some of the best vegetarian options for me. I have not
felt a need to eat meat yet. Am I missing out on something? Who knows! Do I
want to find out – probably not. I am an extremely picky person when it comes
to food. My mind and my taste buds needs to agree on something before I pick a
dish to eat. I am pretty difficult to please when it comes to food or beer or
life in general.
No comments:
Post a Comment